Thursday, November 12, 2009

Johns Creek selects Firefighter of the Quarter

Courtesy Appen Newspapers
November 11, 2009 Johns Creek — John Walton has been named Johns Creek "Firefighter of the Quarter" for the second quarter of 2009.
"John Walton is an outstanding firefighter. I've known him for many years and his attitude, work ethic and dedication to his job are exemplary and commendable. He represents the best of what a firefighter needs to be and he consistently gives his all, smiling all the way," said Fire Chief Joseph Daniels.
A native of Red Oak, Walton joined the Johns Creek Fire Department in its October 2008 launch, after serving 28 years with Fulton County Fire including several years based in North Fulton.
He followed in the footsteps of his father, who was a firefighter for 19 years with Fulton County while Walton was growing up.
"I wanted to be a firefighter since I was around 7 years old and I saw how much my father helped people. I like helping people and being a firefighter gives me many opportunities to do so," said Walton on receiving his award. "I come to work and do my job. If I can help someone, I'm happy."
Walton is an apparatus operator, driving an 80,000-pound, 100-foot ladder truck based at Station 63.

No comments: